Get Boston Sports Baseball 101:
This reading ID is for coaches, parents and players must know to help educate youth baseball players, fans and general Boston Red Sox’s Baseball enthusiast about the game that has made the most popular sport in America the Boston Massachusetts and the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Cuba the sports for the fans. These are my thoughts as an athlete from the Caribbean whom is more than a fan, I am a believer this is the sport of the future our city and our fans.
Boston has many baseball leagues for youths and now the WooSox’s the MLB Boston Red Sox’s minor league team. The Woosox’s Started playing in 2021, in Worcester Massachusetts. This is the Boston Red Sox’s Triple-A affiliate minor league team.
Many youth baseball players like myself, played the game in school backyards because it was a fun and a competitive opportunity to match against your neighborhood rivals as well as help our parent get us out the house.
Being around the game in the DR and witnessing championship teams in the DR and Boston parading down the street after a tough match-up was very common in Hyanna DR, exposed me to the game in a way I never thought would have an important health and physiological impact in my life. For this reason it appeal to help me more so about the game as an adult as an entertainment favorite to listen on the radio and watch on television. Too late for me to play minor never mind mayor league. So I write this article to help those youths mostly and coaches that I could have had in the USA and the DR, whom can come thru to the youths in the city of Boston Massachusetts and beyond.
Thoughts about coaches in Baseball:
- Coaches do not want to stress players with baseball rules while they also learn baseball skills. My thoughts. As a parent.
(Continue to get your youth baseball players started on the sport by helping them to select the right bat. Learn the best coaching techniques through PSTV training plans.)
So here are my most important rules to assist beginners, fans and the Boston Massachusetts Baseball community, learn during this Boston Red Sox’s season team’s 2022 Baseball schedule. I believe this season the Red Sox’s have a great team that can be a championship team. So, why? The game is being played like what it takes to become or what a great player potential player knows what it is to be a great baseball player. Don’t forget, this is a 101 Baseball article figure it out to become a great player in baseball.
First: Many coaches look at batting first, but I look at sprints, strengths and coordination in forward throwing the ball. Batting order is important for coaches. Absolutely! But you must be able to not just hit the ball which requires good eye coordination as well as arm strength and mental awareness. You also need to know how to hold the bat and read your pitcher to hit the ball in a way that will make you a good hitter. Therefore, this is a 101 tips in baseball to help you locate coaches to help in personal training for your understanding of the bottom of the inning for your expectations in a realistic sense. Every athlete needs personal training. This is the 101 to help you get to the 9th inning. Again, I write this article as a parent first, Baseball enthusiast second and potential lead to help you get your player or understanding of expectations in the game cut down to reality.
The Basics, Do’s and Don’t:
Batting order: This makes it easier for the kids, parents, and scouts.
- batting out of turn is a no, no!
- Any advances or scores due an out of order batter are nullified.
- Batter is removed from the bases he reached.
- The proper batter is called out.
- When an umpire sees a hitter bats out of order, he can declare him out.
- A player can’t remove his helmet while at bat or running the bases.
- A first offense draws a warning from the umpire.
- A second violation results in the player being called out.
The strike zone is the space over home plate. Between, the batter’s shoulders and the top of his knees.
Fair ball! What is a Fair Ball in Baseball?
- A batted ball that first contacts the field in beyond first or third base — with the foul lines and foul poles counting as fair territory — is considered fair.
First base and third base are along the foul lines. They are used to determine a fair or foul ball. If the ball lands in foul territory before first base and third base it is a foul ball.If the ball travels beyond the bases and then goes into foul territory it is fair.
The foul lines are formed between home plate and first base and home plate and third base. They extend all the way to the outfield. The lines themselves are considered fair territory.
Youth baseball, is fun when you can run the bases.
- But, a runner must touch each base when going around the infield and won’t score a run until he touches first, second and third base and then home plate in succession (if he misses one he has to go back to that base while touching them in succession and not passing any other runners).
- Baserunner can’t pass a fellow runner that is in front of him when running the bases.
- Baserunner can’t run more than three feet away from his baseline to avoid being tagged out unless he is trying to avoid interference with a fielder.
- Tagging out.
To tag out a runner, a fielder must touch him with the ball or with his glove when the ball is in. A runner is not out if the fielder tags him with his glove but has the ball in his other hand.
Pitcher has to keep one foot on the rubber during his windup and must come to a complete stop – though brief – during it.
It’s also important to stress that a pitcher can’t put either hand to his mouth within the pitching circle unless the umpire has allowed it beforehand.
- League players can’t argue balls and strikes.
- Respect to umpires as well as coaches and players is a must.
- Umpires have the ultimate decisions and can disqualify a player or coach for good reason.